After everything we've gone through in the past year and a half, I'll be the first to admit that the urge to jump on a plane and escape has never been stronger.
However, with all the uncertainty over where we can go, I actually can't find the motivation to even log on to the sites and start searching for my dream getaway vacay.
Let's forget the stress of waiting for 'freedom' and all those lockdowns and self-isolations - we're all joining the staycation stream that's just getting started!
I can't keep these fantastic finds to myself, they're crying out to be shared. So here goes…
Staycay in the City
Chester offers some excellent experiences within the City Centre, and with quick access to motorway links and the train station, it makes finding something for all to enjoy even easier!
From bars that have secret sayings, to access private areas, to an adrenaline junkies dream, there is so much on offer.
- Within Chester City, the racecourse always provides entertainment on race days, and the selection of bars to crawl into afterwards is abundant.
- The river provides activities and boat sessions where people can either kick back and relax on a cruise, or do all the work themselves with a go on a pedalo!
- There are also some brilliant Airbnbs that offer excellent experience stays, from eco cabins with hot tubs to themed party houses.
So if you're looking for new things to do on your doorstep, don’t fear - there is plenty on offer here!
Staycay Close to Home
Whatever helps you be at your happiest, we have plenty on offer on the outskirts of Chester.
If you want to feel like you're living your best Love Island life, Carden Park in Clutton offers an Ibiza-chilled vibe with their fire pit, outdoor hot tubs, thermal garden pods and garden bar.
The best thing at Carden Park is that, for that one friend who finds themselves incapable of staying still for more than a minute, there are plenty of activities on offer for them too!
From their new aerial adventure course, Vertigo at Carden, through to the archery, segways, driving range and much more you will never fail to find something for everyone!
Camping in Wales
If you're looking for a camping trip, we have the luxury of being right on the border of Wales, where there are many beautiful locations to go and explore.
- I'm more than sure everyone has seen the not-so-secret (thanks TikTok) infinity pool that's sat in the hills of Snowdonia, however there are so many other places to venture to as well!
- If you are looking for a cheap visit with your tents, barbeques and booze in tow, we recommend Shell Island as a great escape. This is full-blown camping, in tents with no electric sockets apart from in the toilet blocks or in the shops on site, and don’t bet on anyone being able to get to you from off the island when the tide comes in! There are stunning sand dunes that slope down to the beautiful beach, and plenty of places to pitch up so that you can keep your party to yourselves!
- Anglesey and Abersoch always have on offer some excellent places to stay from boujee beach houses to luxurious lodges. The beaches on offer span for miles, and there are plenty of scenic adventures to dust your hiking boots off for, if you’re looking for that one instaworthy post.
- Another viral lodge that has grown in popularity thanks to the likes of TikTok is Plas Robin Rural Retreats, and if you haven’t heard of them before, honestly, you will NOT be disappointed! Take a look at the sweeping countryside that surrounds and the stunning lodges that are on offer if you truly want to spoil yourself rotten this summer.
Staycay Further Away
So you want to escape from the City and all the same settings, I hear you say?
FEAR NOT! I have the answer for you all! From lodges, to treetop getaways and spa retreats that you could only imagine, your fairy student mother has done her magic, and found all the places you’re going to want to visit this summer!
Are you after that instaworthy pic for the grid? Do you keep seeing people’s TikToks blowing up because of these stunning locations that they are visiting, and then are shook to hear they’re in this country?!
Yep. I know, right? Who would have thought that the UK could actually look so enticing?!
If you always wanted to visit safari and were hoping to get a similar experience to that if you were to go out to Africa and sleep with the lions then look no further – Port Lympne Lodges provides this and so much more!!
Check out their ‘Bubble’ that you can drift away to sleep in within the treetops, or the different animal-themed lodges where you have a viewing window and are within touching distance - however, safe enough to sleep in peace.
If you're feeling more like relaxing in a spa retreat or luxury lodge, check out the Lakes where there are some fantastic places on offer, like Langdale Hotel and Spa, Low Wood Bay and Resort, or Lordore Falls Hotel.
If you fancy a glamping pod, then check out The Secret Garden where you will not have stayed somewhere that couldn’t be further away from the Love Island villa, but has been hailed as Merseyside’s answer to the villa itself!
This super-lux glamping getaway provides a private hot tub, sauna and fire pit all under a canopy of festoon lighting. It even has its own hideout in the sense of the luxury glamping pod!
If you want to take time out this summer travelling and exploring all the beauty in this fantastic country we call home, then grab your friends/boyfriend/girlfriend/dog/cat, and adventure along the NC500 in Scotland.
Referred to Scotland’s Route 66, this ultimate road trip will provide you with the most stunning sights and scenery for your stories!
Stay in hotels or hostels along the way, or grab your tent and pitch up, or even hire a campervan!
All in all, this is a total bucket-list roadtrip, so get yourselves up north and take full advantage of the fact that this is only a drive away from Chester!!
Remember to keep us up to date with what you're getting up to this summer, and tag us in your stories if you visit any of the destinations we've recommended - we'd love to see you enjoying it as much as we would!!
I’m off to pack away my passport and get my shades and wellies at the ready (because, let's be honest - we can never predict the weather here)!